POC Zine Project featured on Colorlines.com!
I sat down with Daniela shortly after the conclusion of the POC Zine Project’s 2012 ‘Meet Me at the Race Riot’ tour to find out what role zines can play in increasing people of color’s political power.
“In each of the fourteen cities, we kept hearing similar messages,” she says. “‘This needed to happen,’ and ‘I’ve been looking for something like this.’ What they’re talking about isn’t about the zines, it’s about community. It’s about finding spaces where you don’t feel silenced, where your thoughts and feelings matter.”
Nia King: Thank you again for doing this piece and your ongoing support.
Colorlines.com: Thank you for recognizing our work! This was a terrific way to share information about our three-year anniversary and upcoming initiatives.
POC Zine Project
ABOUT THE RACE RIOT! TOUR
POC Zine Project held its first Race Riot! Tour in 2012, producing 20 events in 14 cities, which included speaking engagements at six universities. Click here to view photos from the POC Zine Project: 2012 Race Riot! Tour tour finale at Death By Audio in Brooklyn and access all the tour stop recaps.
We will be taking the Race Riot! Tour through 14 more cities in 2013. Stay tuned!
SUPPORT POC ZINE PROJECT
If everyone in our community gave $1, we would more than meet our fundraising goal for 2013. If you have it to spare, we appreciate your support. All funds go to our 2013 tour, the Legacy Series and the poverty zine series.
DONATE link via PayPal: http://bit.ly/SHdmyh
You can also send well-concealed cash or a check! Email email@example.com for details or if you have questions.
Info about the poverty zine series: http://bit.ly/RLVTVt
This article is so exciting!
- thelma-sleaze reblogged this from poczineproject
- djangohendrx reblogged this from revolution-now
- princepan likes this
- leahgirardo likes this
- provocatoria likes this
- xcedarxsmoke reblogged this from pocsupremacy
- dirtyanddarling likes this
- pocsupremacy reblogged this from poczineproject
- umajanelaaberta likes this
- blooming-white-tea reblogged this from hoaxzine
- lelandthebird reblogged this from projectqueer
- lettersiarrange reblogged this from projectqueer
- communitycsi240 reblogged this from poczineproject
- unholycyclebrews likes this
- riotgrrrlberlin reblogged this from boyqueen
- blkcowrie likes this
- blkgrlswurld likes this
- neoneyes02 likes this
- torukun1 reblogged this from projectqueer
- torukun1 likes this
- maishaparadox likes this
- shelby-gold-star-ireland likes this
- ande-core likes this
- singur likes this
- intrinsicpowersoftheuniverse likes this
- blazerrazor reblogged this from projectqueer
- openbookopenmind reblogged this from tangoinchains
- likeghosts likes this
- quixoticqueer reblogged this from projectqueer
- jane-potter likes this
- tangoinchains reblogged this from projectqueer
- outrightvtzone likes this
- themfriend reblogged this from projectqueer
- mightybearfalconlives likes this
- badhousewine reblogged this from projectqueer
- empathy-vs-apathy-nyc reblogged this from projectqueer
- texasfartsupply likes this
- tobeofuse reblogged this from projectqueer
- tobeofuse likes this
- harlotofthedesert reblogged this from projectqueer
- morgran likes this
- causalvogue reblogged this from projectqueer
- shatters-themoon likes this
- anarchismandrainbows likes this
- ringostarrship reblogged this from projectqueer
- myqueerwatson likes this
- inquisitivebibliophile likes this
- jethroq likes this
- styrofoamtokyo likes this
- vivianvivisection reblogged this from projectqueer