CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Contribute to POC Zine Project’s first zine series!
+++BY and FOR folks living at/below the poverty line+++
This zine series is being created in collaboration with Carey Fuller, a homeless mother and activist in the Seattle, WA area. We’re compiling relevant and practical knowledge.
We will distribute this free zine nationwide to those who need it, provide it as an e-zine for worldwide access and create an online community resource with real-time information.
This is an ongoing series. The first edition will be released in December of 2012, along with the website. We’ll share more details in the coming weeks.
WHO CAN SUBMIT
Anyone who has had experience living at or below the poverty line. We want your tips, stories and practical knowledge about how to survive and thrive.
We will also consider contributions from those with experience serving at-risk communities (shelter volunteers, social workers, etc.).
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE POC TO SUBMIT. However, we will make contributions from POC a priority in the editing process.
Evolving. We’ll be releasing a website dedicated to this project in the coming weeks, but for now we’re keeping this open.
BE AN ALLY
We’re looking for help getting the word out about this call for submissions, as well as with creating publishing + distribution partnerships.
Feel free to email and print this flyer for distribution wherever it makes sense to do so!
SUBMISSIONS & QUESTIONS/FEEDBACK EMAIL
POCZPpublishing@gmail.com (don’t forget the two letter Ps <3)
WHY IS THIS THE FIRST ZINE SERIES FROM POCZP?
Because more people are living at or below the poverty line than you realize.
Because often those in crisis resort to harmful decisions due to lack of information.
Because often government resources are difficult and/or impossible to access due to bureaucracy and misinformation.
Because most publications about poverty are focused on educating the general masses about poverty, not providing real-time, relevant and practical information for those living in poverty about how to survive and thrive.
Because mental survival is just as important and this is an experiment in building a DWO (Doing With Others) support network.
Learn more about Carey Fuller: www.careyfuller.com
- devoya reblogged this from kwandammit and added:
- devoya likes this
- primarysourcedout reblogged this from bklynboihood
- slightmayhem reblogged this from transqueerwellness
- slightmayhem likes this
- yourheartisamuscle reblogged this from manic-depressed-pixi-dream-bitch
- manic-depressed-pixi-dream-bitch reblogged this from transqueerwellness
- sinshine reblogged this from moremaggiemayhem
- dandeliondustt likes this
- transqueerwellness reblogged this from projectqueer
- ravenswing-zines likes this
- logpoes reblogged this from mendmydresspress
- postpunkhomestead reblogged this from mendmydresspress
- amodernfeminist reblogged this from shadesoffantasy
- secretcervix reblogged this from poczineproject
- longjohns likes this
- jealouzine reblogged this from mendmydresspress
- mendmydresspress reblogged this from poczineproject
- crazystarfish reblogged this from ethiopienne
- amtothebur reblogged this from ethiopienne
- deepinsweetwater reblogged this from coloredheartfromcloserange
- chantdown-babylon likes this
- coloredheartfromcloserange reblogged this from ethiopienne
- ishkwaakiiwan reblogged this from ethiopienne
- rather-facile reblogged this from ethiopienne
- shwetanarayan reblogged this from ethiopienne
- shwetanarayan likes this
- ethiopienne reblogged this from queergiftedblack
- chicken-snack reblogged this from lips-richmond
- findingupsidedown reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- lips-richmond reblogged this from sexualassumptions
- sexualassumptions reblogged this from guerrillamamamedicine
- darcyoh likes this
- dorothydamages reblogged this from guerrillamamamedicine
- digitaldesperados reblogged this from queergiftedblack
- digitaldesperados likes this
- curiouscliche likes this
- killithfair likes this
- katewadkins likes this
- sadandnoisy likes this
- cestuncoupdetat reblogged this from yesysabella
- cestuncoupdetat likes this
- seaoftinyflames reblogged this from guerrillamamamedicine
- guerrillamamamedicine reblogged this from crankyskirt
- yesysabella reblogged this from hoaxzine
- sonikaspace likes this
- hoaxzine reblogged this from crankyskirt
- keebiekneebiez reblogged this from crankyskirt
- theblackamericanprincess reblogged this from crankyskirt
- crankyskirt reblogged this from poczineproject